MEMBERSHIP PRIVACY NOTICE
Members should read this privacy notice carefully because it contains important information
about your rights in relation to information about you that we hold.
Who we are
The Club collects uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. This means
that we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of General
Data Protection Regulation that applies to us accordingly.
The personal information we collect and use
In the course of running the Club we collect and retain personal information when you provide it
to us. This may include your name, address, email address and other contact details, bank
account details, membership application form, subscription history amongst other documents
relating to your membership of the club and subscription payments.
How we use your personal information
We process information about you:
- To administer your membership of the club and your use of its facilities and to enable
- you to take part in its activities.
- To comply with legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations and good practice.
- To ensure business policies are adhered to (such as policies covering security and internet use).
- For operational reasons, such as recording transactions, training and quality control.
- For statistical analysis.
- To prevent unauthorised access and modifications to systems.
- To analyse purchasing preferences and improve services.
- To communicate with you.
- The legal bases for this processing are that: it is necessary to enable us to provide membership benefits, to comply with our legal obligations or to achieve legitimate purposes of the Club.
Who we share your personal information with
We may disclose and exchange information with the Association of Conservative Clubs Ltd and
law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies for the above reasons. We will not share your
information with anyone else.
Whether information has to be provided for you, and if so why
You must provide us with this information so that you can be a member of the Club.
How long your personal information will be kept
We will keep the information during your membership of the club and for six years after it ends.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights, free of
charge. In summary those include rights to:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your personal information.
- Access to your personal information and other information which this Privacy Notice aims to give you.
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your personal information that we hold.
- Require the erasure of your personal information in certain situations.
- Receive personal information that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and to transmit that data to a third party in certain situations.
- Object at any time to processing of your personal information for direct marketing
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information.
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
For more information on each of these rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation. If you would like exercise any of those rights please:
- Email, call or write to The Secretary;
- Let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving license or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill); and let us know the information to which your request relates.
If you would like to unsubscribe from any email newsletter please ‘reply’ stating that you wish to be removed from our emailing list. It may take up to seven days for this to take place.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being
accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal
information to those who have genuine business need to know it. Those processing your
information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected security breach. We will notify you
and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any
applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How to complain
We hope that we will be able to resolve any query or concern you may raise about our use of
your information directly with you.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you the right to lodge your complaint with the
Information Commissioner who may be contacted at: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone
0303 123 1113.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was published on 12th July 2020 and last updated on 12th July 2020.
How to contact us
Please contact the Secretary if you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or the
information that we hold about you by sending an email to the club at:
email@example.com or in writing to the Secretary at Presbury House, 1
Presbury Drive, Warminster, Wiltshire, BA12 9LB